Spend Your Time, Your Way
At SpiriTrust Lutheran®, The Village at Luther Ridge, you can live the life you love, and shed the responsibilities you don’t. No more mowing, shoveling or spending time in the kitchen (unless you want to).
The conveniences that make retirement living easy and fulfilling are right on campus, including a sit-down bistro that serves hot, fresh, made-to-order meals, beauty salon, fitness center, aquatic programs through the YMCA, community garden and chapel. The hub of our neighborhood is the Fleck Community Center, a favorite gathering place for a wide array of social, recreational and educational activities. Best of all, you’ll enjoy all of these amenities for the most affordable monthly fees in the area.
For a window into life in our welcoming community, view our photo gallery.
No Chores. Many Choices.
Stroll through our park-like campus; pop over to Baltimore or Washington, D.C., to see a show; watch the ducks swim with their little ones, check out our popular annual car show or just enjoy the stunning mountain views from your patio. It’s all part of HealthAbilityTM, a wellness philosophy we use to enhance eight dimensions of health.
Share. Learn. Do.
Our retirement living community offers many ways to enrich your life:
- Fitness: Exercise classes at our fitness center, water exercise offered through the YMCA
- Wellness: wellness workshop that include preventive screenings, counseling, educational seminars and talks
- Outings & excursions: monthly bus trips to historic, artistic, cultural or entertainment venues; shopping trips to local malls, outlets and specialty stores; Summer Concert Series; mystery trips to restaurants, historical sights, covered bridge tours and more
- Outreach: many volunteer opportunities, both on campus and out in the greater community, including the active Village at Luther Ridge Auxiliary
- Games: billiards; bridge, pinochle and other card games; themed bingo; Wii bowling; annual games day with horseshoes, shuffleboards, golf and croquet
- Clubs & activities: residents’ coffee club, Elder-ridge Owls, Cooking Corner with monthly chef demonstrations, Book Mobile, good neighbor group, ladies’ tea, Quilters Circle, computer classes, ceramics, watercolor painting, flower arranging and other arts and crafts classes
- Performing & cultural arts: in-house entertainment from singers, comedians and musicians; concerts on the lawn; annual Celebration Day with car show, food and flea market
- Lifelong learning: educational programs through local colleges
- Dining groups and socials: dining out group, ice cream delivery days, seasonal socials, potlucks, themed dinners and happy hour
- YMCA: free membership for aquatic classes with transportation offered throughout the week
- Spiritual opportunities: Bible study, Sunday worship services, weekly worship service led by local clergy, full-time on-site chaplain, community churches within easy walking distance
With so many things to do and discover, you’ll be inspired to get out and embrace retired life!